Sunday, August 3, 2014

Chalkboard Wall and Yellow Bunk Bed


I totally forgot to post about these two things I finished a long time ago in my children's room! Hooray for progress that I didn't even remember I hadn't acknowledged. Or something. 

I knew I wanted a chalkboard wall somewhere, and I'm not even convinced this is the best somewhere. But it's somewhere, and it's not going anywhere. 

And I'm actually really happy with the way it turned out.

I bought the Mydal bunk bed from IKEA and painted it Egg Yolk from the Martha Stewart line at Home Depot. It's the exact yellow I was wanting, so I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I put that sucker together mostly by myself, too, which I am openly proud about. It required lots of elbow grease and some acrobatics.

 Isn't that a happy bed?! The kids love it, I love it. We're all loving on that thing.


I added this little picture group, yo. Those white walls are such a breath of fresh air.

 Here's what the chalkboard wall looks like at the moment.

Our babysitter did some fun artwork at the top. It's been fun to have the chalkboard in use as my daughter learns to write her name by herself. Such a fun milestone!


I have some more ideas for the chalkboard to make it feel finished, so stay tuned for that.

What's left for the room to feel complete? I'm glad you asked!

Here's the check list:
- take down crummy shelves in closet
- paint closet white
- build my own shelves and hanging rod in closet (which entails about 50 steps too laborious to write down)
- buy bins for closet
- get rid of brown chair
- make teepee (!!!!)
- buy real bedding for beds
- hang hooks for dress ups

1 comment:

  1. Love that yellow bed! We have the same one but I put off painting it and now that raw pine us dissssssgusting. It's gonna take so much more work getting it looking good. And the chalkboard wall is great! I haven't even begun in my kids room, and it feels a world away! Love how yours is coming along!

    ReplyDelete